Metairie : (504) 838-1551
Mandeville : (985) 893-0610
Gretna : (504) 362-5000

Can I get a divorce if I don’t know where my spouse lives?

Yes, there is a procedure to request that an attorney be appointed to attempt to locate a spouse. After the procedure is completed, the attorney must file a report with the court indicating whether or not they located the spouse. Whether the attorney locates or does not locate the spouse, the divorce may proceed.