Metairie : (504) 838-1551
Mandeville : (985) 893-0610
Gretna : (504) 362-5000

What if I want a divorce but neither party will leave the home?

If parties want to divorce but neither spouse agrees to leave the family home, you can file for divorce and ask the court to determine who gets use of the family home, PENDING a community property division (partition), in accordance with the best interest of the family.